- Log off user. Press and hold the Shift key during logoff so that the logon screen is prompted.
- The user ID and password are both "Administrator" for you to log onto the Adminitrator desktop.
- Double click the desktop icon, FBWF Enable, to enable File Based Write Filter, which will immediately reboot the device.
- After the reboot, there will be a green balloon in the system tray to indicate that File Based Write Filter is running.
- Make the changes in the normal User sessions, e.g. create custom ICA settings and desktop icons. ICA connections created in the PN under the Administrator account is not accessible to normal User.
- Log off and log onto the Administrator desktop.
- Install the software and make other priveleged operations here.
- Double click the FBWF icon in the system tray to open the File Based Write Filter Control dialog box.
- Click Commit Changes button to save your configurations.
- Reboot the device to verify the settings.
- Double click the desktop icon, FBWF Disable, to disable File Based Write Filter, which will immediately reboot the device.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Install software and save settings on Wyse XPe devices (V90L)
Details can be obtained in the Wyse XPe Admin Guide manuals (located in http://www.wyse.com/manuals) and Microsoft description (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa940926(WinEmbedded.5).aspx).